Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Trier:

On Tuesday we took a trip to Trier, Germany. We arrived at Porta Nigra (Black Gate) which is the the only city gate left standing in Trier from the Roman times. From Porta Nigra we took a tour of the city that lasted about an hour an a half. While I was interested in learning about Trier and I could have done so on the tour I felt as though I would enjoy my time in Trier if I wandered around and gave my self a tour. I followed the path of the group and occasionally joined for a couple of minutes to find out where the best place to wander next. Over all I was very happy with my decision. One piece of information that I discovered was that Karl Marx was born and raised in Trier. During the spring semester I took a class on the philosophy of Marx where we read Das Kapital, I knew that I would have to stop by his house which is now a museum. At the end of the tour I decided to grab some German food ( snichizel and wurst) and made my way to Marx's house. I did a self tour of the house and then made my way through a park where I stumbled upon some incredible graffiti. I was aware that Germany had a big street art scene and it was one of my goals to find some. 















No comments:

Post a Comment